Where Do I Move Next?

Where Do I Move Next?

"Where Do I Move Next?"

It is a recurring question homeowners have been asking me for the past couple of weeks. They love their home, they love their neighbourhood, but there is always just one little thing they would change. More space is a common answer. Othertimes, they simply want to move out of their complex for a change of scenery. 

With the average residential housing prices expected to drop over the next year, now is your opportunity to move up.

Detached housing prices have been dropping steadily for a while now. When you factor in your monthly payments for the average townhouse in the Lower Mainland, including your mortgage payment, strata fees, and any special levies/assessments, you may find it worthwhile to invest in an older, detached house with your own dirt. Now here's a bonus - if you get a house with a secondary suite or the potential to be converted to a secondary suite to use as an additional mortgage helper, your tenants can contribute a hefty chunk to your mortgage payments (you can't get that with a townhouse!) 

Same goes for a condo - if you're looking for more space, now is your chance to move up into a townhome while prices for condos are still higher!

Call me for a complimentary market evaluation on your home so we can discuss your real estate goals. 


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.